Homeless man sues couple who raised $400,000 for him

Homeless man sues couple who raised N145m to help him

Homeless man sues couple who raised N145m to help him

A judge ordered a New Jersey couple Thursday to give a homeless Philadelphia man whatever's left of the $400,000 they raised for him.

They deny the claims, saying they gave him some cash and bought him a truck and a camper.

For his part, D'Amico said that they did not give the veteran the whole amount at once because they fear he has a drug problem and that he will not spend the money responsibly.

The judge ordered the funds transferred into an escrow account by the end of business Friday and hire a forensic accountant to review the financial records within 10 days.

But the veteran soon accused the couple of withholding some of the more than $400,000 the campaign raised.

But Mr Bobbitt became homeless again after Mr D'Amico told him in June that he had to leave the property, for an undisclosed reason.

"When there is a dispute, we work with all parties involved to ensure funds go to the right place", GoFundMe's statement read, the Philadelphia Inquirer reported.

Katie McClure (R) and Mark D'Amico raised $A555,000 to get homeless Johnny Bobbitt off the streets.

The couple denies mishandling the remaining money, and D'Amico has said there's still $150,000 left.

The three people involved in the lawsuit came into each others' lives when Kate McClure, 28, ran out of gas on the interstate in October 2017.

Maurizio Sarri hails Marcos Alonso as best left-back in Europe
The Chelsea coach reacted by introducing Pedro and Olivier Giroud in place of Willian and Alvaro Morata and the home side started playing with more goal .

"I'll be completely surprised if they spent $200,000 on Johnny Bobbitt", said Chris Fallon, the attorney for the homeless man.

Johnny Bobbitt received a haircut due to the generosity of Kate McClure, who raised more than $360,000 after Bobbitt helped her on the side of the road.

"He's really left us with no choice but to go forward". His lawyers also say the couple spent at least some of the money on themselves.

"The equities in this case cry out that they be moved from where they presently are, given the public concern and the concerns and allegations that they were co-mingled", she said. D'Amico said he spent $500 of the GoFundMe money to gamble because he did not have his SugarHouse Casino card one night, but said he repaid it with his winnings.

Lawyers for Mr Bobbitt, 35, allege in the lawsuit that the couple used it to "fund a lifestyle that they could not otherwise afford".

Bobbit once blew through $25,000 cash in under two weeks, they claimed to the Philadelphia Inquirer.

"I'll burn it in front of him", D'Amico said in an interview with the Inquirer. Appearing on television this week, D'Amico told Kelly: "Every dollar [Bobbitt] ever touched was used for drugs".

"I think it might have been good intentions in the beginning", Bobbitt told the Inquirer last week.

"This is a well thought out plan that Johnny his lawyer and financial advisor came up with in order to give Johnny the means to acclimate back into a "normal" life and also to protect him and ensure he has a bright future", McClure wrote.

Recommended News

We are pleased to provide this opportunity to share information, experiences and observations about what's in the news.
Some of the comments may be reprinted elsewhere in the site or in the newspaper.
Thank you for taking the time to offer your thoughts.