5-year-old girl abducted by 3 men in Texas, stepfather says

Maleah Davis was last seen Saturday night according to the Houston Police Department

Maleah Davis was last seen Saturday night according to the Houston Police Department

Maleah's stepdad, Darion Vence, told detectives that he, Maleah and his son were on their way to the airport Friday night to pick up Maleah's mother, who was flying in from Massachusetts, Holbrook said.

Now Texas authorities are scrambling to find Maleah, who was recently ill and has endured multiple brain surgeries throughout her young life.

Holbrook declined to say if authorities think Vence's story is fabricated.

Shortly after pulling over, Vence told police that a blue Chevrolet Crew Cab pick-up truck pulled up behind him and two Hispanic males in their 30s approached his vehicle.

According to police, Vence remained unconscious for almost 24 hours before fully waking up around 6pm on Saturday on Highway 6 and realizing that Maleah was gone. Maleah was missing, Vence said. Vence said he walked to a nearby hospital where he received treatment and reported her missing.

They also shared a photo of the vehicle Vence was driving when the alleged abduction occurred, a silver 2011 Nissan Altima with Texas paper tags 330-92G9.

Maleah Davis was taken on Saturday night and was last seen in Sugar Land, Houston, near the Southwest Freeway and Highway 6.

Editor's Note: Due to information provided to the media previously, an earlier version of this story said that Maleah Davis was 5 years old. They arrived around 10 or 11 p.m., Holbrook said during the news conference.

The surgeries were to help an injury heal, Holbrook said, adding that "she's needed a lot of car". They handed out at least 100 missing person flyers throughout the Sugar Land area in Houston, Sunday.

Man falls into Hawaii volcano crater after climbing safety railing
A man is in critical condition after he fell into the caldera of one of the most unsafe volcanoes in the United States. And according to the New York Times , Kilauea has had continuous "eruptive activity" since 1983.

Investigators are also interviewing family members.

He then made the report that his daughter Maleah was missing, but now isn't being viewed as a suspect, the investigator said.

A traffic camera captured an image of the auto driving through an intersection in Sugar Land just before 3 p.m. on Saturday afternoon.

The report said he was beaten and went in and out of consciousness for 24 hours. He was asked if there's corroboration that Vence was wondering with a toddler. "I would love to know more about that".

Holbrook appealed in his news conference to the public for any sightings or other information to help them "fill in the blanks" in Vence's account.

"We're hoping, the objective of the press conference is to figure out what really is true, what really happened", Holbrook said. "She has a handsome energy and we just want to find her at this point".

An Amber Alert issued on Sunday for the girl - who was last seen wearing a pink bow in her hair, a light blue zip-up jacket, blue jeans and sneakers - remained in effect on Monday.

You can also call Crime Stoppers at 713-222-TIPS.

Recommended News

We are pleased to provide this opportunity to share information, experiences and observations about what's in the news.
Some of the comments may be reprinted elsewhere in the site or in the newspaper.
Thank you for taking the time to offer your thoughts.